The strength of crop insurance has made it the cornerstone of the farm safety net. Last year a record nearly 400 million acres across America were protected by crop insurance. Over the past year, farmers and ranchers have faced untold challenges, ranging from a global pandemic to devastating weather events. Looking forward, they’re building on decades of best farming practices to protect the soil, air and water that nurture their crops. The new website includes:
- Links to the entire “Crop Insurance Basics” series, which explores crop insurance concepts in an easy-to-understand way.
- Information on a peer-reviewed study in the Journal of Environmental Management which found that crop insurance is not a barrier to the adoption of conservation practices and plays a role in helping farmers maintain healthy soil.
- New glossary definitions, including important program elements like Good Farming Practices and Section 508(h) submissions.
- Farmer testimonials sharing how crop insurance is an indispensable part of their risk management toolkit.
- Eight informative videos.
Rural America is resilient. But they can’t do it alone. Visit the new site today!